Monday, July 13, 2009

Crush of the Day: Joe Mauer

I'm coming out of left field for this one. Hahahahaha.

Tonight I had the privilege to watch the MLB Home Run Derby. It's this thing in baseball where they get some of the best batters together and throw them some easy pitches and see who can hit the most home runs. Pretty boring, really, especially because after it's over they show highlights of them hitting the home runs over and over again.

Well, I'm glad I watched because I became familiar with Joe Mauer, a catcher for the Minnesota Twins. It's funny, really, because my brother called him "Handsome Joe Mauer," and I immediately asked, "well, is he a pitcher or a catcher?" fully intending the double entendre. Without hesitation and with a bit of irony, Casey informed me that he is a catcher. Score one for the home team!

Upon further investigation, I found out that Joe has done some modeling work (duh) for Perry Ellis and has done some commercial work for ESPN and Pepsi, among others. In the sports world, he's a pretty big deal, too.

I mostly just think he's cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment