Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wikipedia has EVERYTHING

Seriously.

Reading Wikipedia articles is one of my favorite pastimes, and it never ceases to amaze me how much information is out there. Some of my favorite topics to read about are airplanes and airlines, the British Royal Family, Orders of Precedence, natural disasters, and small towns that I've been to.

Last night, while reading about the first topic mentioned above, I stumbled upon this fascinating image. It shows basically all of the commercial airline routes for the entire world. Who sat down to figure that out and make a map of it? I'm not sure, but it's pretty awesome.



2 comments:

  1. Have you read about AirTran? They're a SNEAKY company. They used to be called ValuJet... until a very very unfortunate, and easily preventable fire killing all 110 on board. What'd they do? Switch their name and continue operating... Wiki that shit. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I know all about it. I took a class at IU called "Language and Disasters" and we discussed this event... Pretty shady, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete