Friday, March 6, 2009

Everyday Etiquette

Have you ever wondered how to shut up the Chatty Cathy next to you on a long airplane flight? Or worried that you're being greedy for the last parking spot in a crowded lot?  Here are 11 points of "Everyday Etiquette" to help you solve these dilemmas, as well as answering some other questions you haven't thought to ask before.

Personally, when I'm on an airplane, especially for a long flight, I don't really try to engage my fellow passengers in any kind of conversation, and I get annoyed when people start questioning me too much. Sometimes, if I'm feeling adventurous, I'll make up a life for myself.  I'm an opera singer flying to a concert, a student who is heading to a lecture on the opposite side of the country, or a small business owner going to check out some competition.  It's fun, try it.  You can be anything you want to be since these people are, as Tyler Durden from Fight Club said, "single-serving friends."

Image via Real Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment